Saturday, April 2, 2011

1 April 2011

Mother & Daughter at Emergency

Waiting with Sick Daughter

Halls Harbour, Looking Down Hill

Halls Harbour, Looking Up Hill

Farm at Dempseys Corner 

Yesterday Holly had appointment in Kentville, after which, having found out what to do for me to see a dermatologist, she took me to Kentville Hospital emergency to get seen for a referral.   She's been after me to see about something that isn't healing on my face, and I was glad to be "forced" into action - and to have company doing so.  (Friends don't let friends ignore possible skin cancer.)  While Holly went for a walk, I drew the mother and child in front of me. 

Next, as snow began to fall thickly, we went up over South Mountain to drop her paintings off at a gallery in Halls Harbour.  We took the shore road home through Halls Harbour, where we stopped to draw in spite of the very thick and heavy snow.  I was thrilled that she chose to stop near the top of the hill, for I love looking down into villages with winding roads.  Just my thing!  Then we stopped at the bottom of the hill for her to draw boats and I liked the buildings in front of me and drew them.

Lastly, about half way home, we pulled up onto the Exit 16 overpass to get rid of a car tailgating us.  There was a farm I'd drawn before, and we both drew it.  Five drawings and one very long day in a whole week of long days; ended the week with a bang.  I came home very excited about the muted colours we'd driven through all day, and hoping to make some paintings next.

2 comments:

Amy Mann said...

I can see why you needed a Boring Day, after all this! Very nice drawings!

Helen O said...

Yes, a good Boring Day is the best antidote to too much doing! After doing almost nothing yesterday, I awoke feeling bright and ready for this new day. It always works, but sometimes I need more than one day.

Post a Comment