Sunday, April 3, 2011

2 April 2011

 Tulips' Last Day
Before my neighbour went in to the City last Sunday,  she brought me these tulips so I could enjoy the last of their beauty, which I did.  I gazed at them at every meal and other odd times besides.  I was daunted by their ethereal perfection and there was no way I could draw that beauty!

Finally, when they were ending their week with me,  I was moved to draw their fading, collapsing beauty.  I set them on the floor by my bed and drew them looking down and off to my side while lying on my stomach.  The distortion of that tippy pitcher reveals the awkwardness of doing this:  my teachers were right when they taught me to line up with my subject.

1 comment:

Em said...

Very lovely contour - delicate and graceful. Being tipped just makes it look unexpected. Since I'm looking down on it, perhaps I've walked up on it unexpectedly sitting in the middle of my kitchen floor!
I tend to tip my pad like I do when handwriting, and sometimes I end up with something tipped on the pad. When that has happened and I don't like it, I have been known to just scan the pad tilted!

Post a Comment