Monday, April 25, 2011

25 April 2011

Drawing on 16x12" (40.6x30.4 cm.) canvas, with tree shadow across it.

Today's progress on painting.  Those green blobs in front of the house are chairs which are behind the verandah railing, put there to fill the spaces between the posts later..

The painting and the Myers' house itself.  This painting is in trade for Dave Myers having made all the frames for my November show at Swoon Gallery, and some extras besides.  (www.swoonfineart.com)

Long time not drawing; busy with painting, starting tomatoes, flowers, &c, and having a social whirl over this long Easter weekend.  Holidays are for enjoying my friends.  This is the weekend that I like to "inaugurate" the outdoors painting season by going out to paint.  Today, Easter Monday, was my last chance and I seized upon it.  My only regret is not having got out for the other two gorgeous days. 

1 comment:

Amy Mann said...

you've got a gorgeous painting to show for it! I love the colors - bright blue sky, fresh green grass, it clearly communicates the perfect weather.

Post a Comment