Sunday, February 27, 2011

27 February 2011

This morning I woke up thinking about a lovely adventure to Graff Brothers Salvage a couple of years ago.  (I found a drawing table there for $12.)  We stopped for a lunch break at Savary Park.  My recalled image was of looking down the hill through the birches and across Saint Marys Bay to Digby Neck.  I wanted to see if I could get it down before it faded.

Yesterday while reorganizing I found a little metal box of graphite chunks and woodless pencils.  So
I used a 9B graphite crayon and my 6B pencil.  I had fun with all that finger-blackening rich deep black crayon.

Thinking about Savary Park

3 comments:

Amy Mann said...

I love it! It looks like an etching. I especially like the white birch trees against the slightly less-white sky.

Em said...

I agree - it does look like an etching. My favorite part is the scumbly black area. You could photocopy or scan it, carefully cut it out, and lay it down on different colors of sky. Pale blue, pale cantaloupe, too blue... maybe a four-square of them...

Helen O said...

I love etching, so am pleased to give you that impression.

Post a Comment