Saturday, March 19, 2011

19 March 2011

Five Boats Left at Causeway

Six Mailboxes at End of Lane

Six Mailboxes from the Other Side


The tide was high and I stopped to draw the fleet at the causeway for what might be the last time this season.  Two of the boats are out most days now.  Then I decided to draw the mailboxes just beyond that stopping place.  I've always liked this colony of different styles.  All too soon they may be replaced by a characterless Canada Post multiple box unit.  This is a direct drawing (no preliminary pencil lines) with a Sakura Micron .5 mm black fibre tip pen.

3 comments:

Em said...

The mailboxes are cute - so expectant. I have a painting with a mailbox element I should finish... sigh...

Amy Mann said...

very nice! Expectant mailboxes.

Amy Mann said...

Oh, and I really like the top drawing, too. I love the big sky, and how all the cars and trucks have little details. This has liveliness and humor. Kind of reminds me of Red Grooms.

Post a Comment