Tuesday, March 29, 2011

27 March 2011





Another Sunday Evening with the Granville Ferals



I sat diagonally across the room from where I had been, to try to get better bunching of the people.  They themselves changed their locations a few times, or got up to look over the shoulder of another musician, so my first few pages had a lot of starts and nothing to take far enough to fill the page.  At the end they were really settled and concentrating - and so was I.  The evening ended before I could carry the last one any further.  (I'm trying to pay more attention to their individual head shapes this week.)

2 comments:

Amy Mann said...

These are wonderful! I especially love #3 and #4. I could see you making a painting from these... They (#4 especially) have such a nice feeling of space, with that big figure right in front... very nice!

Em said...

Yeah - There's a painting in there. I vote for number three though since I think the broad backed fellow in number four is too centered for a painting. I also like his pose in three better, but I like the gal's pose in four. It's an intriguing subject matter - such a small and intimate group listening to musicians.

Post a Comment