Tuesday, March 29, 2011

28 March 2011

Three Views of Digby Waterfront

My painting friend Holly took me to Digby to renew my car's license plate as I didn't dare drive my car and risk getting fined!  Afterward we parked down on the waterfront and I tried to put that tangled complexity onto a 9x12 page.  I started with the middle one, the moved to the bottom of the page, and finally began drawing O'Neil's fish plant behind the cannon in the park right in front of us.  This ran into the first waterfront attempt and it was time to leave: we were both starved for lunch!

See Holly's work at www.hollyeverettgallery.com.  

2 comments:

Amy Mann said...

Is this one of those cannons pointing at the US, like in St. Andrews?

Helen O said...

No; it points across Digby Basin to Victoria Beach, where I did my March 8 drawing(s). I suppose what it really points at is the Basin itself, to sink raiding ships. Doubt there are any raiders there now.

Post a Comment