Friday, May 6, 2011

5 May 2011 continued

Valley Trees in Hedgerow, 6x8"








 
This is the first in a series of hors d'oeuvres I've made this winter.  I had a little purple remaining on my palette and it suggested I get out some colours to make greens.  I did, and here is the result.
Valley Patchwork, 6x8"






This one was begun on the same day.  I was now mentally farther up the Annapolis Valley and I began thinking of the lovely patchwork fields I see there.  Thoughts places come to me, and then I travel to them in my mind to make these little paintings.




Bay of Fundy Little Sunset



This one came about (yesterday) because Holly, looked across the table and said, "Don't waste that orange!"  Cadmium orange is an expensive colour, and I don't like to waste any paint.  So I put the orange at the base of the sky and let it bounce off the rocks, too. 

The one below was done before this one.
Big Green Hill with Bog










This was actually done before the one above and is why Holly told me not to waste that orange paint.  I began it about a month ago, and was interested both in varying colours and also learning more about layering for texture.  I've also had trouble making big green hills look big; I think this one does loom behind the boggy foreground.

2 comments:

Amy Mann said...

So interesting that you've discovered you CAN paint from your mind's eye! It's all in there, and now you've figured out how to access it. Hooray!

Em said...

OOOOOOO... I can't decide if I like Valley Trees in Hedgerow or Big Green Hill with Bog better - they are both favorite! V. Trees is cool and relaxing, like a nice evening, and Big Green attacks my eyes with color, texture, and a bit of black lace...

Post a Comment