Wednesday, January 26, 2011

25 January 2011

 Spirit Fishing

 Another quickie from a blind scribble.  I was too tired after finishing building my closet and loading it to the hilt and thought I'd skip a day...but that siren in my sketchbook just yodeled louder.  I began the line at the fishhook end and continued until what became the fish end.  Then I opened my eyes, saw a head and a canoe shape, and went on from there.  I see this as the result of notching the upright for my closet making me realize how much I enjoy careful woodwork and how ready I now am to finish - and enjoy finishing - the canoe I began a few years ago.  Here is the partially-built canoe calling out to me.

2 comments:

Em said...

This was a favorite car game when I was a kid - someone would make a doodle and the other would have to make it into something. Here, it is sort of a Ouija message too. I'm so glad you didn't skip! Never skip!

Amy Mann said...

I think it's interesting that the fish is on the line, but the hook is empty. What does that mean?

Post a Comment